Sunday 5 August 2001

dutch el dantes

I found these shoes in Holland last November while visiting my friend Vera. Vera lives in the south of Holland about 3 hours from Amsterdam and 10 minutes from the German border near Aachen. The day after I arrived, we went shopping in Heerlen, a small university city about 15 minutes away. These El Dantes were the first pair I spotted in the first shop we went into and it was only my first full day in Holland...which means I was in trouble already - Holland has LOTS of shoes, especially the funky crazy types. But I loved them so I bought them anyway. And it turned out to be a good decision because I didn't buy any other shoes for the rest of the trip. Good restraint, Lynn. *self pat on the back* People have asked me where they can get a pair locally. Well, I haven't seen this pair in the US but I do know that Shoe Biz in SF carries occasionally the El Dantes brand.

No comments: